Nothing makes me happier than to see you when I get back from a vacation and am not ready to return to work. You are all things beautiful and I appreciate you more and more every year. I will take the wet pants and slow taxis any day just to see you. I'll take the chapped lips, runny noses and cold feet. But most of all, Snow Day, I'll take the schnitzel.
Oh the schnitzel, my new favorite dish. I could write poems about schnitzel. I could eat every day, all day.
As you can see, we decided to have some peas on the side.
Pound the chicken so it's flat and just dip the chicken on down the line. Now, Snow Day, you know that my lack of cooking skills has become somewhat of a barrier in my relationship, but you will be happy to know, the Israeli actually let me help with this part. It was a Snow Day Miracle!
And you are ready to fry some chicken!
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and fry chicken in hot oil on both sides for 1-2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
And viola! It's all yours! You might want to add some roasted vegetables and some mashed potatoes to balance out the golden fried goodness...
So Snow Day, thank you for the day off, the beautiful white (now black) powder on the sidewalk, and, of course, the schnitzel. Nothing could make for a better day...
Love Always,
Abby





I love schnitzel too! You can have the white/black snow! Keep the great blogs coming.
ReplyDelete