Monday, December 27, 2010

Utah Part II

Being in Utah was a breath of fresh air......both literally and figuratively. Between the altitude, lack of smog and cold, crisp air, my nasal passages were free as a bird. The people (Utahians??) are so unbelievably gracious and accommodating, I was almost embarrassed for them. Being from New York, coupled with being Jewish and from New York, when people are that nice, I think they want something from me. So despite the constant feeling that I owe somebody something, things in Utah were looking good.

Now after a long morning of falling on my head.....
I worked up quite a large appetite. Now I tend to stay away from mass produced food served buffet style as they usually consist of soggy croutons, chewy meat and used band aids, however, I have give Deer Valley Lodge some props. The salad was fresh, crispy and plentiful while the chili con carne was rich, savory and flavorful (I just made myself hungry). Now the Israeli opted to have the massive baked potato lathered in beef stew which was heavy and delicious, however, his digestive system gave out and suffered with heart burn for the rest of the trip. It was either that or the spicy chicken wings, the buffalo burger, 4 twix bars, eggs, bacon, etc...but that's just a guess.
It was the exact hearty meal I needed to continue falling skiing down the mountain. If anyone has a good recipe, please be sure to send it to me.

1 comment: