Monday, December 20, 2010

Pasta, Fish and some Black Swan

So The Israeli and I decide to see Black Swan --WARNING! WARNING! GO FOR TEQUILA SHOTS AFTER THE MOVIE OR RISK HAVING PERSISTENT NIGHT TERRORS-- Friday night and of course, I will need a nice, hearty meal to get me through those 2 hours. As always, my job is to bring the wine, his job to prepare a delectable 4 course menu in under 2 hours. I think that's fair, right? So off to whole foods he went to satisfy my every need......ok, maybe not EVERY need, but this is not that kind of blog.

So here's the menu:

A beautiful fresh linguine with just a touch of squeezed tomato, olive oil and Parmesan cheese. A nice arugula salad, an assortment of delicious cheeses and a touch of olive oil.

Now for the fish..I am linking to this recipe because it neither mine nor the Israeli's and I prefer to give credit where credit is due.

The issue was getting that fish out of the salt cast. It took some manipulation, but we were able to release this creature from its salty death. This was a 2.5 pound red snapper. There was more meat in there then the gym on Wall Street at 6pm.



All in all is was a great meal. Not his finest, but, like my blogging skills, its a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment