Anyhoo, what I do love is a good party. And everyone knows, holiday parties are awesome. There is bound to be some poor guy who went a little heavy on the wine spritzers and profoundly embarrasses himself amongst 100 of his closest strangers. I love that guy.......I am that guy. So, when the Israeli told me about a friends party in Brooklyn that he has every year for about 50 people, I was happy to oblige.
So this apartment was in the Carol Gardens section of Brooklyn, which I've always loved. An uber friendly chick graciously welcomed us into his home and given that I hadn't eaten since that morning, I headed straight for the food. Immediately I spotted the caviar sprinked over shrimp salad covered in dill on a water cracker. I fell in love. I could have eaten them all but I decided to be somewhat polite. I am a lady you know......that just cracked me up. Then I tried the smoked fish, the white fish, the dates and bacon, the spinach/ artichoke dip......the array of food was astounding and I was loving every minute. For fear that I was hogging all of the delicacies, I decided to take a break and have some glug-the spiced Swedish wine. That was a mistake. You see, when you have 50 people in your apartment, things tend to get a bit toasty. So when having a spiced alcoholic beverage at say 100 degrees, things start to get interesting. You see, part of my charm is my intolerance to extremes of temperature. Being too hot or too cold is akin to Chinese water torture. So I started to burn up.......like, I was sure I was going to pass out face first in the gingerbread cookies. So, let's just say my night of eating was pretty much over.
However, the main dish was yet to come and I had to try. The Swedish meatballs......the host graciously stayed up until the wee hours of morning hand rolling 300 meatballs for his guests to indulge on.
And then.....I met him....
His name is Teddy. And were in love.


No comments:
Post a Comment