Friday, January 21, 2011

Seafood Delight

I knoooooowwwww!! I'm a slacker. Since the Israeli has been home, I have been so busy eating that I have completely neglected writing about it. Not cool, Abby. Not. Cool. So lets start from the beginning........It was a beautiful spring day, April 13, 1979................JUST KIDDING! Let's just start from last Friday, shall we?

We decided to stay in and cook, enjoy some wine while we sit side-by-side on our iPads enjoy each other's company. The Israeli picked up some fresh fish and pasta from Whole Foods and we were on our way.

We decided to go with a fish medley, if you will: 3 types of shrimp, scallops, mussels and Chilean sea bass(not-pictured here).

We fired up some butter and garlic in a pan and dropped those suckers in there. Does anything smell better than butter and garlic roasting in a pan???  It smelled glorious. It was a celebration in my nose.


When the fish was nicely cooked, we removed it from the pan and cooked the whole wheat linguine in the juices from the fish, butter and garlic.

Brilliant. We added the Chilean sea bass, which we had cooked before, and put everything over the pasta. It was a beautiful sight. We are still working on infusing a little more flavor into the pasta. It didn't quite capture the juices from the fish and required a lot of salt, but once perfected, this dish will change my life.

We have also come across a conflict in our relationship. To add parmigiana cheese or not to on a seafood dish. Thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I'm waiting for Dara to cook dinner and I shouldn't have read your blog. Wow! That food looks so good. Who's the cook? You or the Israeli? Doesn't matter. You're both enjoying. What wine did you have with this?

    ReplyDelete